今天要分享的俗諺是A good medicine tastes bitter,中文可以翻成「良藥苦口」。上次我們討論到形容詞句型,今天要延續上次討論,繼續分享形容詞的句型。
「更多英文學習:QQ English」
句型二、be + 形容詞 + 介係詞 + 受詞
4. be proud of 以~為榮
My father is proud of me because I volunteer in my spare time.
我父親以我為榮,因為我有空時會去參加志工。
Because my father cares about animals, I am proud of him.
因為我父親會關懷動物,我以他為榮。
5. be sure (or certain) of (something) 確信(某事)
I am sure that he will do well in college.
我相信他在大學表現會很好。
I am certain of his ability to pass the exam.
我確信他會通過測試。
6. be different from 不同於~
My car is different from yours in color.
我們的車的顏色不同。
Your son looks different now from when he was just a kid.
你兒子現在看起來和小時候不同。
7. be angry at (something) 對(某事)生氣
I am still angry at what you said to me earlier.
關於你先前對我所說的話,我還在生氣。
8. be angry with (someone) 對(某人)生氣
He is angry with because I told him the truth about his painting.
我誠實表達對他畫作的看法,他還在生我的氣。
9. be anxious about對某事、某人擔心
He is anxious about his daughter.
他掛念著他的女兒。
My mother is anxious about my piano competition.
我媽媽對我的鋼琴比賽很焦慮。
10. good for 有益於
今天分享的俗諺,也可以用此句型改寫成:
A bitter medicine is good for you.
苦藥對你很好,也就是「良藥苦口」。