相信大家一定都有被片語搞得一頭霧水的經驗,明明感覺只有一字之差,片語的意思就會截然不同,這類的片語問題早已困擾大家許久,但是,別擔心,快來一起動動腦,跟著學學這些有趣的片語吧!
1. Call off (取消、離開)
EX: We called off the trip when two of people who were supposed to go became sick.
(我們取消了這趟旅行,因為我們之中的兩人似乎不太舒服。)
2. Get off (下車、離座)
EX: After we got off the plane, we picked up our baggage.
(我們在下飛機之後,就去拿了我們的行李。)
3. Go off (爆炸、發出聲響)
EX: The bomb went off and did a lot of damage.
(炸彈爆炸且造成許多毀壞。)
4. Set off (使某事發生、施放煙火)
EX: The heat set off a chemical reaction.
(熱量造就了一個化學反應。)
5. Pay off (付清、得到回報)
EX: He paid his college debt off six years after he graduated.
(他在畢業六年後就還清了學貸。)
6. Put off (延期、延遲、讓某人覺得被冒犯)
EX: If you keep putting your homework off, you won’t get it done.
(如果你持續延遲繳交作業,你永遠都不會完成。)
7. See off (送行)
EX: They came to the airport to see us off.
(他們來機場替我們送行。)
8. Show off (炫耀、讓某事被看見)
EX: Bill drove around all afternoon showing his new car off.
(比爾一整個下午開車四處跑來炫耀他的新車。)
9. Start off (開始、出發)
EX: The company started off with only two employees.
(這家公司一開始只有兩名員工。)
10. Take off (起飛、脫下)
EX: When do we take off?
(我們何時起飛 ?)
11. Turn off (關掉)
EX: All the lights turn off automatically.
(所有的燈都自動關掉了。)
12. Blow off (吹走、生氣)
EX: The leaves of the trees blew off in the strong wind.
(那些樹的葉子被強風吹走了。)
I blew off at her.
(我對她生氣了。)
13. Cut off (切斷、切下)
EX: I cut off the tree branch.
(我砍斷了樹的枝幹。)
14. Die off (滅絕、接連死去)
EX: She was ninety-two and said all her friends had died off.
(她已經九十二歲了且說她的朋友都相繼過世了。)
15. Knock off (停止做某事、打掉)
EX: I wish he would knock off practicing for a while.
(我希望他可以停止練習一下。)
She knocked off the vase by accident.
(她不小心把花瓶打破了。)
_______________________________________________________
圖片來自網路 如有不妥請告知
根據研究學好語言至少要300小時! 而你一週花多久呢?